The Covenant Church program is a commitment between local places of worship and Lawrence Habitat, forming a partnership to build simple, decent, affordable houses for those in need.
Lawrence Covenant Churches include:
- 360 Church
- Lawrence Corpus Christi Catholic Church
- First Baptist Church
- First Christian Church
- First Presbyterian
- First United Methodist
- Good Shepherd Lutheran
- Immanuel Lutheran
- Lawrence Islamic Center
- Lawrence Free Methodist Church
- Ninth Street Missionary Baptist Church
- Peace Mennonite
- Plymouth Congregational
- St. John the Evangelist
- St. Margaret’s Episcopal
- Trinity Episcopal
- Trinity Lutheran
Covenant Churches agree to three commitments:
- To pray for the work of Lawrence Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity International. One special part of this commitment is the International Day of Prayer, observed the third Sunday of each September.
- To share their resources for communication to help spread the message about Lawrence Habitat for Humanity. This can include announcements in bulletins, newsletters or from the pulpit.
- To provide a liaison who will participate in the Faith Engagement Committee and help implement participation in the best way for the local congregation.